Hangover Cure Fact or Fiction: Food before Bed

It’s easy to think of the stomach as a reservoir where everything goes and that is more or less correct, so it would stand to reason that if you had a bunch of alcohol in there it would help to eat something before bed to help “soak it up.”

Hitting the sausage cart right after leaving the bar and sucking down a few loaded kielbasas may actually feel (and taste) great, but it’s not going to help ease an impending hangover. Food has to be eaten before the drinking begins if it is to be effective in “absorbing” alcohol.

In fact, to say that food soaks up alcohol is actually a bit misleading. When food is eaten first it helps keep you sober in two ways. First, it coats the stomach and so slows its absorption of alcohol and second, it takes the place of alcohol in the digestion rotation. The food really doesn’t soak up anything. The human body can only process so much, and when it’s working on absorbing a plate of nachos the booze just has to get in line.

All things considered, though, eating before bed after a night of revelry isn’t going to hurt anything – aside from your waistline. So, feel free to devour that greasy New York slice, just don’t expect it to keep the next day’s pain away.

Hangover Cure - Food Before Bed

Of course, I should remind everyone that our blog entries are for your information only and are not intended as medical advice. Because everyone is different, you should work with your medical professional to determine what’s best for you. If you’re going to drink, do it legally and responsibly; don’t be stupid =).

1. Reply http://www./ Oct 22, 2016 4:03 pm

Ha ha ha. Fain. Io zic ca au ramas cu un L in plus la sfarsit, sau cei care le-au lipit au pierdut unul pe drum, si au zis ca Merge si asa, ca la printare probabil au dat doua copii.

2. Reply sparkasse hannover kreditkartenabrechnung Oct 19, 2016 8:38 am

e2Witam serdecznie. Już na początku napotkałem problem. Otóż po wpisaniu komendy „Hello.java” w cmd wyskakuje mi plik notatnika, a nie plik dosowski. Czy ktoś może mi pomóc? Z góry dziękuję. Marcel31

3. Reply http://carriers.myfreeip.me/auto_insurance_yahoo_answers.xml Jul 20, 2016 8:16 am

Wow i wud like to get my hands on your Kettelbell workout CDs. I cant wait to get a flat tummy after my baby. She is now 4 but i still do not have a flat tummy. You hv such a gr8 body after 2 babies, hats off to your workout. I need to shed atleast 3 inches off my waist. I have a question how many pounds / kgs of kettelbell and how many numbers will be required to perform the workouts? I need to pickup kettelbells before i buy your CD. Your answer will be highly appreciated. Thanx Holly.

4. Reply http://www.blrimages.net/ Apr 28, 2016 6:30 pm

Not tried them yet, but it looks great. I like lip products that don't dry out the lips, but don't leave a high glossy finish either. The colour suits you very much…will look out for this!! Have a great day doll!xoAm here today:

5. Reply http://www.sorethumbsblog.com/ Apr 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Murat Gamsız kardeşime şunu sormak isterdim:Almanca Öğretmenliği bölümünü okumanıza rağmen maşallah her konuda bilgi sahibiolduğunuzu görüyoruz. Neden bilgisayar mühandisliği veya fotoğrafçılık gibi bölümler okumadınız? Kendinizi nasıl böyle çok yönlü bir kişilik olarak yetiştirebildiniz?Bu konuda bizlere vereceğiniz mesaj, söyleyeceğiniz söz ne olurdu?

6. Reply http://www.sorethumbsblog.com/ Apr 28, 2016 5:36 pm

Wow! Thank you, Jane, for posting the traits of an introvert! I knew I had these issues and I had an idea that I might be introverted (as opposed to anti-social), but the traits you listed are ALL me! I didn’t realize that taking time to articulate or loathing repeating myself was intorversion! Thank you for lessons learned:)

7. Reply Fere Dec 13, 2015 4:49 am

Love this tea. It tastes great and it’s inebidcrly healthy for you and helps boost metabolism. I just ordered my second set of boxes. I could (and do!) drink this tea every day.

8. Reply Mike Mar 25, 2012 4:24 pm

No problem. We’re always trying to uncover some of the myths surrounding imbibing.

9. Reply DaddyO Mar 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Very interesting topic. Thanks for the advice.