Hangover Cure Fact or Fiction: Coffee

The question of whether coffee actually cures a hangover is one that always earns the shady lawyer’s most favored (and annoying) response: it just depends.

But, it’s true. It depends on the person drinking the coffee for a number of reasons.

Since caffeine is a vasoconstrictor it can help reduce the size of swollen veins in the head that are caused by alcohol. Thumping veins contribute to hangover headaches, so this is definitely a plus. The problem, however, is that coffee is also a diuretic, so whatever gains are made in reducing swollen veins, it’s lost by causing even more dehydration – and therefore more headaches.

The other big issue that will determine coffee’s success in curing a hangover is whether the hangover sufferer is a coffee drinker. Adding a caffeine withdrawal headache on top of a hangover is a recipe for disaster, which means coffee drinkers are going to find it more effective.

Any way you slice it, most people agree that if you’re going to go the coffee route you should swallow a couple aspirin along with it. Aspirin has both anti-inflammatory and pain-relief properties, and that combined with the caffeine in coffee can really take the sting out of a hangover.

As for coffee on its own, though, the overall verdict is without argument – it’s too much of a crapshoot to be anything but fiction.

Can Coffee Cure A Hangover

Of course, I should remind everyone that our blog entries are for your information only and are not intended as medical advice. Because everyone is different, you should work with your medical professional to determine what’s best for you. If you’re going to drink, do it legally and responsibly; don’t be stupid =).

1. Reply download Oct 16, 2017 5:36 am

I’m not sure exactly why but this blog is loading very slow for me.
    Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end?
    I’ll check back later and see if the problem still
    exists.

2. Reply source Oct 12, 2017 11:57 pm

I was extremely pleased to find this great site.
    I wanted to thank you for your time due to this wonderful read!!
    I definitely savored every little bit of it
    and i also have you book-marked to look at new things in your blog.

3. Reply amutha ful sex May 11, 2017 5:01 pm

adult japan sex
    As I said before the romp inbetween my dad and I had reached an all time peak.

4. Reply sexo prepa tube May 5, 2017 12:36 pm

bollywood face sex
    Ive clear to preserve Amy at a distance for now, as she is soundless somewhat emotional about this.

5. Reply http://www./ Nov 16, 2016 4:38 am

Tb não faz meu estilo, mas tá valendo. Agora, que ele tem uma pinta de ser de fibra de vidro, tem. Será? Abs. Ico.

6. Reply princessbirthdayinvitations Aug 31, 2016 11:46 am

I smell a plot of a badass It’s like the fantastic 4 but better!

7. Reply http://lapiluleduweekend.men/ Aug 9, 2016 4:06 am

If you prefer only horny young teen shemale get totally nude and naked on live cams, then this blog is just for u. Will be updated with some of the hottest and sexiest teen shemale cam girls from all around the world, its surely will be your first choice to find out the best teen shemale web cams.

8. Reply http://autoinsuranceabc.dynddns.us/really_cheap_health_insurance.xml Jul 20, 2016 8:16 am

Danielle, I am soooo happy for you sis!~ How awesome for God to allow your husband to be hugging in the middle of the night. Just like God to do something like that. Praise him in advance for ALLL the things he WILL do in your marriage. So happy to know you girl!

9. Reply http://www.bluehillhouseofpizza.net/ Jul 8, 2016 7:15 am

Travis,The breadth of the ambiguity is what really pushed me to reach for something more. There are just too many things that are up for grabs with no real rhyme or reason except that it is new (see my post on neophilia) or a reaction to the problems of the modern church. Also the lack of clarity, intentionality, attention to issues like racial reconciliation leave me yearning for a more holistic (ironic considering the emergent roots) way of approaching this.

10. Reply tea party invitations Jul 1, 2016 8:59 am

Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after.

11. Reply car insurance May 20, 2016 7:32 am

Naku tyagaan talaga sa entrecard. kung walang tyaga walang credits! minsan nahehelo na ako kakadrop to death sa mga blogs! buti pa si joanjoyce ang sipag dun hehehe

12. Reply Net Dec 13, 2015 6:19 am

I want this guy for the next Superbowl . Madonna was putrid and MIA-who the Hades is she? Must stand for Mighty Insignificant Artist. If you can call her an artsit. And by the way same to you MIA.