Top 3 Health Benefits of Drinking Alcohol

Doesn’t just knowing there are three health benefits make you feel better? We should probably stop right here and think no more on the subject, but then no one would believe us at parties if we couldn’t back up our healthy habits with facts.

Health Benefit #1

Although these aren’t in any order, it may be worth noting first that drinking alcohol may reduce the risk of heart disease in men by up to 51%, which seems like a lot. Women also were found to benefit in the Spanish study, but not to the extent of men.

Perhaps even more unbelievably, the study showed that heavy drinking decreased the chances of heart disease by even more than 51%, but the study did not address the inevitable side effects of drinking tons of booze; namely cirrhosis, alcoholism and perpetual unemployment.

Health Benefit #2

Gallstones are nasty little accretions that occur in the gallbladder that are typically made of cholesterol. Sometimes these can get lodged in a bile duct and cause pancreatitis. It’s very serious and very painful and you don’t want it.

Thankfully, studies have shown that drinking can lessen the risk of gallstones, which are actually very common due to the high fat content in the average diet. Studies are inconclusive as to how much alcohol is needed to have a positive effect, however, which makes dosing difficult …

Health Benefit #3

For those of you who already drink and have already had a heart attack, studies show that continuing drinking can better help you to avoid a second heart attack. Again, though, women do not appear to share in the joys of this discovery.

It probably goes without saying that these health benefits are conferred – if and when they are conferred – only by drinking in moderation. Studies show that excessive drinking is only healthy for 1% of the population, and ironically that 1% does not read this blog.

Health Benefits of Drinking Alcohol

Legal Stuff: Of course, we should remind everyone that our blog entries are for your information only and are not intended as medical advice. If you’re going to drink, do it legally and responsibly; don’t be stupid =).

1. Reply http://www./ Nov 13, 2016 7:53 pm

I take a lot of pride in what I do and want to do it well. I have worked with people in the past who do the bare minimum. This is something I challenge teenagers to stop doing as well because it doesn’t help them in life. I try to model excellence and I hope that at the very least my kids do the same.Derek Mansker recently posted..

2. Reply http://www./ Aug 8, 2016 2:15 pm

I actually wanted to type a remark in order to say thanks to you for some of the fabulous points you are showing on this website. My time-consuming internet search has at the end of the day been honored with reliable facts and techniques to go over with my colleagues. I ‘d assert that we site visitors are really endowed to live in a great community with many brilliant professionals with very helpful principles. I feel truly fortunate to have used your entire web page and look forward to many more fun minutes reading here. Thanks once again for everything.

3. Reply http://www.findinsurers.myfreeip.me/ Jul 20, 2016 7:43 am

To put yourself in someone else’s shoes and then look at what you’re saying.That’s my best guess. it just hit me the title could be a mistake and i’m spending a second trying to figure it out haanyway, good post x

4. Reply http://www.rates.liquorisquicker.net/ Jul 20, 2016 7:36 am

Steph – Hi Andria. I love your photos and blog. very inspiring.I am Steph from Lower Hutt…New Zealand!I currently am a student/teacherThe most wonderful thing about my life right now is that the sun is coming out and that means I am buying a new summer wardrobe…yipeee.

5. Reply http://www.ortoplusbl.com/ Jun 27, 2016 8:27 am

Uff, hvor er den flot!Hvad jeg ønsker mig allermest? Det er ret svært, for jeg ved det faktisk ikke. Jeg har godt nok skrevet en ønskeseddel, men det er ikke noget ‘særligt’. Jeg er kun opsat pÃ¥ tanken om at vide, hvad min kæreste laver. Den er nemlig hjemmelavet. Det er tanken om, han ikke bare køber noget, men virkelig gÃ¥r til den og arbejder med den, det ‘rører’ mig, og gør mig glad indeni, allerede før jeg har set gaven.

6. Reply http://www.elcrudito.com/ Jun 21, 2016 2:10 am

SuzanaUm pouco na linha do comentário do nosso Caro Fartinho da Silva, a receita principal de uma qualquer empresa para sobreviver e ser bem sucedida – um país é uma grande "empresa" – utiliza dois ingredientes indispensáveis: estratégia, no sentido de ter um caminho e um rumo bem definidos, e união, no sentido de que todos juntos constituem uma vontade colectiva.A falta destes ingredientes ajuda a explicar porque é que os "remédios" também não curam…

7. Reply car insurance May 20, 2016 7:09 am

wrote:Your plaint against free verse would have been a bit more timely a century or so and what makes you think that Sully wasn’t plaining bout it then?

8. Reply Socorro Dec 13, 2015 6:31 am

-Hi. I have no cats now but I’ve always had at least 2 at a time. I had the same peoblrm Benjiman and Thumper were my last cats Loved them dearly. Both are gone now, but I had to cook them chicken livers, shrimp, and beef kidneys, etc. All cut up in small pieces ..they hated can food. At one point I thought they were going to report me to Child Protective Services for food abuse. Hence the homemade food.I would have not been able to afford a cat Lawyer!!!