Whether you’re toasting your accomplishments, safety, health or family at a holiday meal or ringing in the good fortune of another new year, champagne is a fabulous drink to help celebrate the most wonderful time of the year! Not only is it considered a classy choice, but did you know that there are actually many benefits to using champagne for your holiday toasts? Check out these fun facts about the fancier, healthier drink!
- Studies show that champagne can help improve spatial memory, or your ability to recognize your surroundings and complete complex tasks. It may also help improve overall memory!
- Don’t drink your calories—save them for dessert! The number one mistake of calorie counters is that they often forget to include their drinks. Traditional holiday beverages such as hot chocolate, eggnog and lattes are chock full of calories. Save your indulgence for the dessert table, because champagne has fewer calories than both red and white wines and beer!
- The typical serving size for champagne is smaller than that of a glass of wine or a beer, which may be good for your waistline and your sobriety. Keep from overdrinking by sticking to champagne for your holiday celebration.
- The carbonation in champagne can also make you feel fuller, quicker, which may keep you from eating and drinking too much.
- Champagne is made from both red and white grapes, which means certain types contain the same health benefits of red wine, such as preventing damage to blood vessels and reducing cholesterol and risks of heart attack and heart disease.
Legal Stuff: We should remind everyone that our blog entries are for your information only and are not intended as medical advice. If you’re going to drink, do it legally and responsibly; don’t be stupid =).